Vintgar gorge- bike & hike
Experience the most intact nature of Bled in the first touristically arranged gorge in Slovenia.
The 1.6 km long Vintgar gorge carves its way through the vertical rocks of the Hom and Boršt hills and is graced by the Radovna with its waterfalls, pools and rapids. The picturesque trail leads you over wooden bridges and galleries, and ends with a bridge overlooking the mighty 13 m high Šum waterfall.
- Warm up cycling to the entrance
- Canyon walk
- Waterfall Sum
- Hom, a viewpoint hill with the church of St. Catherine
- -Light walking with views of Bled and half of the Carniola region
- -Cycling back to Bled with a circular tour around the lake
Information & Price:
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: easy to moderate (I – II)
- DATES: every day (from April to October)
- DURATION: 4 hours NEEDED: active clothes, trekking shoes
- PRICE: 18 eur/person
- WE PROVIDE: bike, helmet, a lock, bottle of water, ticket entrance to Vintgar gorge
After meeting us in our office in Bled, where you get a bike and map discriptions, you will direct yourself on a 20 minutes ride towards Vintgar Gorge. You will pass a nice village Podhom on the way. At the entrance of the Gorge you will find a bicycle spot, where you lock your bikes. A nice walking path through the Gorge will take you around 45 min. At the end of the Gorge we will stop at the waterfall and enjoy refreshing temperatures and view. We continue our walk uphill towards St. Katarina church on the hill called Hom. From the top of the hill you will have a beautiful view on Bled and its surroundings. We finish our walk around hill Hom and reach the bikes in half an hour. Way back to lake Bled takes us 10 minutes. At the end of the tour a refreshing ice cream at the lake will bring a big smile on you face. Perfect way to end the tour. The trip is a combination of undemanding cycling, a tour of the beautiful natural sights, and a sight-seeing walk.